Ok folks. It has been five years since a new Gallop Racer game came out. I am ready for a new game. How about you? I recently sent an email with my wish list to TECMO ( [email protected] ). I never heard back from them, though. Maybe it was a wrong email addy. Let's start putting some pressure on these guys for a new game!
Here is what I wrote:
I have been an avid fan and player of your Gallop Racer games for many years. I was wondering if there are any plans for a new Gallop Racer to be released? I usually play the 2004 version more because I like the ability to race more than 1 horse at a time.
I do enjoy the 2006 version, though. The graphics in the 2006 version are much improved including the movements of the horse. The absence of trainers I felt was also an improvement. The moving of the World Cup to a different location each year is brilliant, and true to real life.
But, again, I really enjoy being able to race in each of the races on the big weekends (ie, Dubai, World Cup, etc).
If there is to be a new version coming out I'd like to make some suggestions from my wish list.
1) More tracks including but not limited to:
-Doncaster (the game already has the Irish, French and Japanese St. Legers, why not the original? plus other races),
-Goodwood (Sussex, Nassau, Goodwood Cup, etc)
-Sandown (Eclipse, etc)
-Flemington (Melbourne Cup and many other Group 1's)
-Saratoga (Best racing meet in the U.S.!)
Plus other European countries with Pattern racing:
Other parts of the World:
South America (lots of Group 1 racing)
2) More races at the Special tracks including group/grade 2's or 3's.
3) If some of these tracks are added I think a new title could be installed:
Cup Title. Similar to The Stayers title this would consist of races longer than 1 3/4 miles including:
-London Gold Cup (Ascot Gold Cup)
-Dublin Long (Irish St. Leger)
-Paris Royal (Prix Royal Oak - French St. Leger)
-Prince Cup (Japanese St. Leger)
plus these new races:
-Prix du Cadran
This would be a multi-year title and very difficult indeed.
4) Another possibility, if able to race more than 1 horse at a time, would be year end champions per country or region. Then a group of races at the end of the year to bring all the champions together. Possibly run like the league's where the computer race's each horse.
5) Ability to claim foul against other riders/horse's
6) Claiming races. Even the very poor game "Breeders Cup" has this.
7) Increase field size to 20 except for races in the U.S.
Correct starting point for races at London (Ascot).
- Mars (St. James Palace), London Crown (Coronation) and London Mile (QE 11) currently race on the straight, but actually start in Swinley Bottom and race around the turn.
- London Gold Cup (Ascot Gold Cup) currently starts on the side of the track, but actually starts down the straight.
9) More silks/uniform options.
10) Steeplechasing would be an interesting addition. I can only imagine the excitement of riding in the Grand National!
I know I am not the only person playing Gallop Racer who is anxiously awaiting a new game. We have been waiting nearly 5 years now!
Of course, I forgot a couple items. First, would be adding Meydan Racecourse with all the big races including the Godolphin Mile and UAE Derby. Second, add the Santa Anita Handicap to the L.A. track, and the Metropolitan Handicap to the New York track.
How about the rest of you? What is on your wish list for a new Gallop Racer?