MANAGE YOUR OWN STABLES:
- Manage a stable of up to 40 thoroughbreds.
- Select races for your runners to enter or allow your computer trainer to choose.
- Choose from a wide variety of distances and classes when entering races.
- Claim horses from other stables and try to turn them into champions.
- Play for up to 40 years in an
effort to become the most dominant owner in all of racing.
- Learn how to read the "Condition Book" in order to maximize a horse's earnings.
- Battle with other owners to become annual leader in races won or money earned.
- Buy a horse with great potential and try to turn it into racing's next big star.
- Select your own racing silks and watch as your horses run down the stretch wearing your colors.
- Begin your stable with as little as $100,000 or as much as a cool million.
- Try to build your initial bankroll using your skill as an owner and bettor.
- Players may elect to begin the game with five random horses.
- Choose to play with or without a monthly income.
- Sell your best horses as potential breeding stock.
- Ship your best horses across the country to run in major stakes races.
BUY HORSES AT AUCTION:
- Buy horses at any of the four auctions held annually.
- Bid against computer owners, as well as other human players.
- Evaluate young horses for sale by browsing the sales catalog before bidding.
- Sales catalogs contains virtually all of information available to bidders at a real auction.
- Bid on progeny of more than 300 of North America's most popular sires and broodmare sires.
- Watch as retired horses within the game become the championship breeding stock of the next generation.
- Play for a number of years and pedigree information will extend back three generations.
- Spend the big bucks to buy proven bloodlines or take a chance on finding the bargain of a lifetime.
- Select names for the yearlings that you buy, or have names randomly generated for you.
- Buy proven runners at the annual auction for "horses of racing age."
WATCH THE RACING ACTION:
- Each race simulates the actual dynamics of a real thoroughbred horse race.
- Every horse is rated in a dozen categories, including early speed, stamina and running style.
- Realistic fractions and final times.
- Stretch duals may be decided by horse's winning spirit or jockey's strength.
- Horses may break slowly, get boxed in on the rail or run wide around the turns.
- Watch standard view of race and extra wide view to track every horse's position.
- Watch any or all of the thousands of races run each year.
- Replay the last race to relive the excitement.
- Advance to any race that day, skipping races you don't want to see.
- Indicator display's distance remaining in race.
- Names of the three race leaders display during a race.
- Both dirt an turf racing are realistically recreated with horses showing a preference to one or the other.
BUILD YOUR BANKROLL AS A BETTER:
- Wager on any or all of the four racetracks within the game each day.
- Win, place, show, exacta, trifecta, daily double, pick 3, and pick six betting available at each racetrack.
- Realistic speed ratings are generated for each horse in every race.
- Easy to use betting screen.
- Realistic odds are generated for each race .
- Tip sheets are available for all tracks, providing helpful selections and comments.
- Bettors may begin the game with as little as $500.
- A "Recent Trouble" page is available, informing players of any poor racing luck in every horse's last three starts.
- Bettors may apply advanced handicapping techniques such as pace analysis, breeding, trip
handicapping, workouts etc.